(518) 962-4590, 171 Merriam Forge Rd, Westport, NY 12993 – E-mail
Meredith Johnston’s pottery features distinctive decorative and functional stoneware. Bowls, pitchers, casseroles, vases and crafts may be purchased locally at stores, farmers’ markets, or by commission.
(518) 873-6466, 7590 Court Street, Elizabethtown, NY - E-Mail
Museum and Historical Society, displays more than 6,000 artifacts, documents and art, representing two centuries of Essex County life. Lectures, workshops & tours as well as a formal garden, a lean-to and sugar house and an authentic fire tower.
518-572-9391, Stevenson Rd. Westport NY.
Polo games on open lawn field.. Bleachers or drive up, park, and picnic on grass.
(888) 962-4720, 126 Dudley Rd Westport, NY 12993
Founded in 1885, Camp Dudley is the oldest camp in the USA for boys ages 10 1/2 to 15. Camp Dudley at Kiniya for girls ages 9-15.
(518) 526-4520. Main St. Masonic Lodge, Essex NY www.essextheatre.org
Bringing good inexpensive theatre to the surrounding communities, and to provide an opportunity for local adults and youth to participate in production of plays and musicals.
This year we will engage 100 or more people in acting or singing and another 30 in support roles, .See web for schedule and how to participate. Shows in August 2013. E-mail
(518) 962-8650, Main St, Rt 9N Westport, NY 12993
Annual “Adirondack Agricultural Fair” with many shows daily. Arts & Crafts for sale and exhibits. Several demonstrations daily. Carnival rides, parking and most shows are included in the $10 admission price. July 31-August 4, 2013.
(518) 962-4899, 20 Washington St, Westport, NY 12993 www.westportmarina.com/galley Memorable lakeside dining, on deck or air-conditioned dining room. Lunch, dinner, late night bar menu. Live weekend entertainment. Saturday BBQ features. Groups welcome. Free WiFi. Pets welcome on deck. Father’s Day to Labor Day. E-mail
Whether you are looking for a short trail hike or tackling one of the High Peaks, Westport is the perfect place to be.
Also check out…..
Champlain Area Trails: a network of trails for hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, birding, and picnicking in and around the Champlain Valley.
Elizabeth Lee Outdoor guide: (518) 962-4756 …hiking, paddling, and ski trips. All ages All year.
(518) 962-2400, 1424 County Rte 10 Westport, NY 12993
www.meadowmount.com – E-mail
A seven week, summer school for talented music students. Students work under outstanding faculty and present three concerts each week, open to the public, Sunday, Wednesday, & Friday 7:30 pm.
(518) 962-4750, 96 Furnace Point Rd Westport, NY 12993
Lakeside beach resort. Restaurant, lakeside dining at the Coco Cafe, comfortable cottages, waterskiing, wakeboarding, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming pool, tennis. Live music throughout the summer. Seasonal.
(518) 412-2712, 60 Sisco St. PO Box 413, Westport, NY 12993 www.overtimephotography.com Large capacity photo booth entertains guests and creates memories with unlimited photos during events. Fun props, photo frames, a scrapbook, custom DVDs, and green screen options. Personalize photo strips with date, names, logo, etc. Custom layouts available. Serving New York and New England, but will travel anywhere. E-Mail for brochures and questions.
(518) 962-8244, 25 Sisco St. Westport, NY 12993
K-12 building with 275 students. Educating and preparing students to be contributing members of the school and community.
(518) 962-4470, (800) 600-6655, Country Club Way, Westport, NY 12993
www.westportcountryclub.com – - E-mail
Historic, championship, 18 hole golf; Golf Shop. Full service restaurant / bar. Lunches, weddings, private parties, evening pub menu. Seasonal.
(518) 962-8717, 763 NYS Route 22 Wadhams, NY 12993
wadhamsfreelibrary.org - E-Mail
Public library next to the Falls of the Boquet River in Wadhams. Books, magazines, interlibrary loan, internet access, story hour, lecture series, book group. Free Wi-Fi.
6459 Main St. Rte 9N,22 PO Box 394 Westport, NY 12993
Westport’s community, visitor, and heritage center. Serves residents and visitors for classes, art shows, meetings, concerts, and tells our community heritage. Contact us about using the center.